The New Knowit
Knowit is developing its brand and altering its identity after more than twenty years. - With the new identity, we are manifesting the development that Knowit has undergone over the past few years, says Per Wallentin, CEO of Knowit AB.
- In 2010, we established the company firmly in Finland, through the acquisition of Endero, with 150 employees in Helsinki. The same year we also extended our presence and offerings in Norway through the acquisition of Reaktor in Bergen. Thanks to these acquisitions, we brought Knowit into a new phase in the company’s development. We are now a Nordic company with operations in IT, strategic development and design. In 2012 we also estalished the company in Denmark, says Per
How is this development mirrored in the development of the new brand?
- For many years, we have been thought of and thought of ourselves as an IT consultancy firm. But development has meant that IT is a natural part of the operations of all companies and organization. In order to offer real benefits to our clients, we must implement IT into the client’s reality, for example as part of their strategic development or when it comes to marketing and communicating their offerings.
The new brand also means the name is changed from Know IT to Knowit. Why are you making this change?
- Nowadays, Knowit is a company that offers much more than IT consultancy and system development. We have experts in strategic development, inner efficiency, statistics, advertising, design and communication. Simply put, we work to create efficient solutions for our clients, where information, design and technology are the most important components. We have made this clear in our new brand, and ultimately in our new logotype.
What will the client gain from all this?
- We will clarify our brand by gathering all our operations under the Knowit logo. Formerly, we have had some local, unique brands. However, we are seeing more and more often that clients desire a single contact and a single supplier. In line with this need, we will be reinforcing our joint sales and increasing the opportunities of joint deliveries using experts from throughout Knowit. We have been doing this before, but have not been good at talking about it. Therefore, I believe some clients haven’t realized all we have to offer and have missed out on some of our expert competence that can contribute to their success. With time, I am sure we can offer better service and a more complete service offering to our clients.
What has been the response among Knowit’s employees?
- We have received very positive feedback regarding our new brand from our employees. They feel comfortable with and rally around our business concept – ”we deliver the strength of the large company with the soul of the small company and the commitment of the individual employee.” We carry out our operations in small units, each of which is responsible for its own operations. This creates the conditions for individual initiatives from each employee and a very flexible organization. Combined with the supply capacity and economic strength of the large company, we can get the best of both worlds. Our employees appreciate that. As do our clients, who reap the benefits.