Sustainability and Social Responsibility
The companies within the Knowit Group are committed to acting responsibly towards society and the world at large. Knowit's work with social responsibility, human rights, labour and environment are based on the company's values and the UN Global Compact which Knowit supports. The 10 principles of UN Global Compact in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption are based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Labour Organization's Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development and the United Nations Convention Against Corruption. The code of conduct, ethics policy, equality policy and environmental policy of Knowit are other regulations that govern and reflect Knowit's work in the substainability field.
Knowit has been evaluated annually by EcoVadis since 2014 for its work on sustainability and was awarded the rating "Silver" in both 2015 and 2016. For more information on Ecovadis, please visit www.ecovadis.com.
Knowit is a corporate partner of UNHCR and supports the work of Sweden for UNHCR.
Code of Conduct
Our corporate culture is created in collaboration between conscientious executives and employees and based on respect for the value and dignity of each person, as well as openness and honesty. In our Code of Conduct we describe what this means in practice, in our interactions with others.
It is important for us to combine the needs and requirements of the client with our environmental knowledge. Therefore, we continually train our employees regarding environmental issues. We are proud of those of our companies environmentally certified in accordance with ISO 14001:2004 and strive to add more companies to the list.
Knowit AB (publ) is a specialist company working with IT, Design & Digital and Management in creative and strategic solutions. We supply services within strategic consultancy, decision support, IT systems, market communication and design. We develop our clients’ operations by offering qualitative consultancy services through entrepreneurial, locally active operating units.
In our daily work, our employees, our sub-contractors and other persons working under our supervision in Knowit's premises should be aware of our company’s positive and negative environmental impact and try to minimize the negative impac.
Continuous improvement shall make our environmental work even better and in our environmental efforts, we aim:
- To increase our knowledge and consciousness by continuous training of our staff.
- To use our environmental knowledge together with the customer in relevant customer projects.
- To contribute to added value for our customers by clarifying environmental perspective in our solutions that can reduce the customer's environmental impact.
- To use and share our knowledge about digital meetings when appropriate.
- To travel as environmentally friendly as possible when travelling is necessary.
- To continuously strive to minimise the use of energy and other natural resources.
- To recycle our waste.
- To consider environmental aspects in supplier selection and whenever possible choose eco-labeled products for purchases.
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements and other environmental requirements that affect our business and also to prevent pollution.
Per Wallentin, CEO
Environmental Certificate ISO 14001:2004
The following companies are encompassed by the certificate:
Knowit Business Consulting AB in Stockholm
Knowit Decision Linköping AB in Linköping
Knowit Digital Communication Linköping AB in Linköping
Knowit Karlstad AB in Karlstad
Knowit Management i Linköping AB in Linköping